Do you want to know how to find a car owner’s details such as names with only a number plate? If yes, then you are in the right place.
The easiest way of finding the registered owner of a number Plate in Kenya is by visiting the mVerified Online Portal.
Continue reading for the full step-by-step procedure.
First things first, there are several reasons why you might be searching for the owner of a car.
You might just be curious about who owns that ‘beast’ of a car. Or you might be searching for the details of a car involved in a hit-and-run accident. Better still, you might be conducting a background search on the buyer if you are buying a used car.
Whatever your reasons are to finding the car owner, this article has got you covered.
How to Find the Owner of a Car Using a Number Plate in Kenya
- Go to your Mpesa Menu
- Select “Lipa na Mpesa”
- Select “Buy Goods and Services”
- Enter the mVerified Till Number: 202994
- Enter Kes. 940 as the amount
- Enter your 4-digit secret pin and click OK.
- Now visit the mVerified Portal: verified.co.ke
- Enter the following details: Vehicle Registration Number (Number Plate), Mpesa Transaction Code, Your Name, Email and Phone Number.
- Tick the “I’m Not a Robot Captcha Box”
- Click Submit Order.
The mVerified portal will do the vehicle search for you and send the details immediately via SMS to the phone number you provided.
Then, a printable vehicle Copy of Records will be sent to your email address.
Now this is the simplest way to search for car owner details in Kenya because everything will be done for you. But if you prefer to do the search for yourself, then there is another way.
Alternative Ways to Search for Car Owner by Number Plate
National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) in 2016 unveiled an online platform known as the Transport Integrated Safety Authority (TIMS).
The main purpose of TIMS was to enable individuals, institutions, dealers and driving schools to have a centralized platform where they can register, transfer and buy motor vehicles. One can also perform online Logbook Search on the TIMS portal.
The service costs Kes. 550 if you use the TIMS portal to search for vehicle details. You can pay via Mpesa, Airtel Money or Visa.
Follow the following procedure:
- Login to the TIMS portal using your eCitizen Credentials (ID Number and Password). If you do not have an eCitizen account, you can create one by visiting ecitizen.go.ke.
- Select National Transport Safety Authority and choose “Get Services Now”
- Click “Make Application”
- Select “Vehicle Registration”
- Click “Apply Now” and input the Number Plate without spaces, for example KAA123B.
- Select your preferred Payment Method and pay Kes. 550. Lastly, click Submit.
In case of any difficulties, you can contact NTSA through their email address email@example.com
The above two ways has simplified the task of finding who is the owner of a car.
The details that you’ll get include:
- Vehicle Model,
- Body Type,
- Chassis No,
- Engine Number No,
- Year Of Manufacture,
- Name Of Owner,
Thanks for reading. I’m open to any queries in the comment section.