The Academic Registrar is one of the most famous persons in Kenyatta University, maybe even more than the Vice-Chancellor.
This is due to the fact that he/she has a major role in the day-to-day lives of the students. This is quite in contrast with the VC, who might appear inaccessible and aloof.
So today, we are going to look at some of the major functions of the Academic Registrar, who is currently holding the office, and how to contact him/her.
Who is the Academic Registrar of Kenyatta University?
The KU Management board shows that the current Academic Registrar of Kenyatta University is Dr. Bernard Muthiani Kivunge.
Dr. Bernard is a senior lecturer of Mathematics and Actuarial Science at the School of Pure and Applied Sciences (SPAS). He was assigned the role of Acting Registrar in early 2021 after the sad passing away of Professor Andanje Mwisukha.
The Registrar for Academics has several roles but is not limited to:
- Welcoming new students into the university. Letters of admission are usually signed by the Academic Registrar.
- Approving Inter/Intra School Transfer of Courses.
- Working together with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics) to prepare semester dates.
- Clearing the students who have finished their studies. This also includes students transferring to other universities.
- Providing more information about admission details to prospective students.
- Passing any important information to students through the Kenyatta University corporate emails.
- Carrying out additional tasks as assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
Where is the Office of the Academic Registrar Located?
In Kenyatta University’s main campus, the office of the Academic Registrar is located on the first floor of Admissions Block near the finance offices. This is also the opposite of Aberdares and New Menengai Hostels.
To contact the Registrar for Academics, you can use any of the following methods:
The Postal Address for Kenyatta University is: P.O Box 43844, Nairobi 00100
Telephone: +254 20 871 0901 / +254 20 870 3061 EXTENSION: 3219/3215/4587