Kenya Medical Training College Admissions portal is officially open. The 2021 KCSE Candidates and the previous years’ Form Four leavers can now apply for various medical courses at the Certificate, Diploma, and Upgrading Diploma levels.
If you have been looking for step by step procedure on how to apply, then stick with me.
To apply for KMTC, you must submit the required details online through the KMTC Application portal. You will upload an ID Card (or birth certificate), KCSE Result Slips, and Secondary School Leaving Certificate and pay an application fee of Kes. 2022.
For the complete procedure, continue reading.
Step by Step KMTC Application Procedure
1. Register an account at the KMTC Portal
To do this, visit kmtc.ac.ke using Chrome or any other browser.
Click on Admission Portal as shown below.
Click “Register” and enter your full name, email address, and a new password.
If you have already created an account, you can log in using your details.
When you’re registering for the first time, you will fill in your details such as:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Country of Examination
- ID Number / Birth Certificate Number
- Date of Birth
- Year of Examination
- Index Number
- Whether or not you consider yourself a disabled person.
Fill in your Contact Details and Next of KIN as requested.
You have created your account successfully! Let’s proceed.
2. Upload Your KCSE Results
Click on Enter Subject Scores.
Now from the page that appears, select your grades for each subject.
Ensure that you entered the correct Grades as shown in your Result Slip, or else you risk disqualification.
For any subject you didn’t take, choose “I didn’t do.”
3. Upload the Required Documents
Click on Upload Documents on your dashboard.
The following documents are required to make your KMTC application:
- KCSE Result Slip
- Leaving Certificate
- ID Card (or Birth Certificate)
Snap clear pictures of these documents and upload them.
For those who don’t have an ID Card, you can upload your Birth Certificate when requested for the ID front and back sides.
Click view to confirm whether you uploaded the correct document on the next page. If satisfied, click submit to submit each of them.
4. Select Your Preferred Course
- Choose your level (Certificate/Diploma/Upgrading Diploma/Short Courses)
- Select the Academic Year (Currently, it is 2022/2023)
- Select Intake (Choosing September Intake means you will join in September 2022)
On the next page, you can select your preferred course.
The courses offered at the Diploma Level include:
- Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma in Orthopedic and Trauma Medicine
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Health Promotion
- Diploma In Medical Engineering
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Radiography & Imaging
- Diploma in Public Health
- Diploma in Dental Technology
- Diploma in Optometry
- Diploma in Community Oral Health
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Registered Nursing-Mental Health and Psychiatry
- Diploma in Medical Social Work
- Diploma in Health Counselling
- Diploma in Community Health
Select one and click next.
If you qualify, it will redirect you to the next step, or else you will see an error like this:
NB: You can apply for a maximum of two courses on the KMTC Portal. If you wish to apply for the second course, click NEXT and repeat the procedure of selecting courses. But if you only want to apply for one course, you can click “Skip Option 2.”
The portal will redirect you to another, where you’ll confirm your courses. Click Submit when satisfied.
5. Make Payment
You are required to pay Kes. 2022 application fee through MPESA.
Check out your dashboard for the complete instruction.
6. Wait for Application Results
After paying the application fee and submitting your courses, you will now wait for verification and placement by KMTC Administration. Fortunately, the placement process won’t take long.
That was the complete procedure on how to apply for KMTC Admissions online. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to leave a comment.
Frequently Asked Questions
(a) I want to apply for Diploma in Clinical Medicine, but it is not on the list of courses.
Answer: Clinical Medicine is not on offer for September 2022 Admissions. You can visit your nearest KMTC campus to get further clarification.
(b) The Application Fee has not reflected on the dashboard even after paying. What should I do?
Answer: Contact any of these KMTC’s helplines 0723004516, 0723000429, 0736212060, 0736993813, and they will assist you. Alternatively, you can send them a short message through the portal by clicking “Send Message” under “Contact Us” at the bottom left of the screen.