Whenever you are faced with a technical issue at Kenyatta University, the school administration had made it possible to solve it easily.
To submit a ticket at Kenyatta University, you will need to fill out a form at support.ku.ac.ke and send it to the ICT Support Staff.
They usually respond within 48 hours – but it may take longer depending on the complexity of your ticket and whether it is a weekend.
Be it resetting the student portal, Kusoma or corporate email passwords, Eduroam issues, Smartcards, Admission queries, library registrations, or timetabling issues – they will solve any issue you will ever encounter during your stay at Kenyatta University.
So, without wasting much time, let’s dive in:
Step by Step Procedure for Submitting a Ticket at Kenyatta University
Using a browser, google search for “support.ku.ac.ke” and click on the first result.
Alternatively, you can just use the URL support.ku.ac.ke.
Scroll downwards and select the option for which you want to submit a ticket. Click on one of the following:
Software Services – anything related to use of Kenyatta University software applications such as the KUSOMA LMS app.
CampusNexus – any issues relating to student portal such as forgetting passwords.
Eduroam & WIFI Services – Forgot your Kenyatta University Wifi Password? Then choose this option.
Hardware and Peripherals
Smartcard Services – For student Identity card issues.
You will need to indicate the following details:
- Your name
- Email Address (a message will be sent here so ensure you have access to this email)
- Priority of the ticket (Always turn it to High for faster response).
- Indicate whether Staff or Student
- Registration Number
- Telephone Number
- Subject (Write a short description such as Forgot Student Portal Password)
- Message (Indicate in simple terms what your problem is and how you want it to be solved. Just be succinct and go straight to the point. Greeting the ICT staff is not bad but it is not necessary)
- Attachments (You can attach a screenshot for evidence but it is not a must).
- CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing to tell Computers and Humans Apart) – Type in the letters you see in the picture. This is to prevent internet bots from automatically sending tickets.
A sample is as follows:
Lastly, after ensuring that all the details are correct, click on Submit.
Related post: How to Buy Educational Data Bundles (10GB@Ksh 500)
You will be given a Tracking ID, which you can use to check the status of your ticket later on.
After submitting, you will need to wait for a few days for the support staff to look into your issue and proffer you a solution.
Check your email inbox periodically for a reply containing further instructions.
Although the staff at Kenyatta University ICT department usually reply to tickets faster, there are some situations in which you will need to go physically to their offices at the KU Main Campus. They are located at Central Administration Complex,
In case the ticket didn’t offer you a solution – you can always knock at their offices. After all, they are there to help students like you.